Genesee County New York Census Records
Genesee County was formed in 1802 from Ontario, County Seat - Batavia.
Try our genealogy search engine
Genesee County, New York Census Information:The Genesee County, New York Federal Census Records was completed for the following years: 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940. The 1890 Genesee County, New York Federal Census Records were destroyed in a fire. The The 1890 Veterans and Widows census records schedules for Genesee County, New York did survive the fire and are available for genealogical research. The 1850, 1860, 1870, and 1880 Federal Census Records also includes mortality schedules in the census which records the deaths for the year. The Genesee County, New York State Census was completed for the following years: 1825 (all partial), 1835, 1845, 1855, 1865, 1875, 1892, 1905, 1915, and 1925. The original records for the State's pre-1915 census are kept at the county level. You may contact the county clerk's office to ascertain their availability and location. Original manuscripts of the 1915 and 1925 census records are maintained by the State Archives. The 1865 and 1875 New York State Census also includes mortality schedules in the census which records the marriages and deaths for the year. Genesee County, New York State Census Substitutes: Genesee County, New York Tax Valuation Lists are one of the most valuable, and most often neglected sources of genealogical information and prove to be a great census substitute. They usually divulge the names of heads of households and other males aged 16 or over and can be used to prove parentage when no other records are available. Tax lists place individuals in a particular place at a particular time and indicate the type and amount of property owned. See The Beginner's Guide to Using Tax Lists.
Genesee County New York Federal Census Records1810 Genesee County New York Census Records
- 1810 Batavia New York Census
- 1810 Caledonia New York Census - Caledonia is now part of Livingston County.
- 1810 Leicester New York Census - Leicester is now part of Livingston County.
- 1810 Murray New York Census - Murray is now part of Orleans County.
- 1810 Northampton New York Census - Northampton no longer exists as a town in Genesee County.
- 1810 Parma New York Census - Parma is now part of Monroe County.
- 1810 Riga New York Census - Riga is now part of Monroe County.
- 1810 Sheldon New York Census - Sheldon is now part of Wyoming County.
- 1810 Warsaw New York Census - Warsaw is now part of Wyoming County.
Genesee County New York State Census Records1845 Genesee County New York State Census Records
Genesee County Mortality Schedules and Special Census Returns:
- 1875 Marriage Records extracted from the Genesee County New York State Census
- 1875 Death Records extracted from the Genesee County New York State Census