Search Free Connecticut Genealogy Records Online
Our Connecticut genealogy and family history page is a place where you can come in and research your genealogy and family history. We also do our best to provide a history of the area, to provide you with an overview of the time in which your ancestors lived.
We regret that we are unable to do personal research for you. All genealogical and family history records we come across are being added to this website. Please keep checking back.
State Information for Connecticut
Connecticut's first European settlers were Dutch. They established a small, short-lived settlement in present-day Hartford at the confluence of the Park and Connecticut rivers, called Huys de Goede Hoop. Initially, half of Connecticut was a part of the Dutch colony, New Netherland, which included much of the land between the Connecticut and Delaware rivers. The first major settlements were established in the 1630s by England. Thomas Hooker led a band of followers overland from the Massachusetts Bay Colony and founded what would become the Connecticut Colony; other settlers from Massachusetts founded the Saybrook Colony and the New Haven Colony. The Connecticut and New Haven Colonies established documents of Fundamental Orders, considered the first constitutions in North America. In 1662, the three colonies were merged under a royal charter, making Connecticut a crown colony. This colony was one of the Thirteen Colonies that revolted against British rule in the American Revolution.
Connecticut Genealogy Records OnlineConnecticut Census Records
Connecticut Church Records
Connecticut Military Records
- 1813 Pension List: Connecticut
- 1818 Pension List: Connecticut
- 1820 Pension List: Connecticut
- 1832 Pension List: Connecticut
- 1840 Connecticut Census of Pensioners
- Connecticut Pensioners Of Revolutionary War Struck Off The Roll
- 1883 Pensioners On The Roll: Connecticut
- Record of Connecticut Men in the Military and Naval Service during the War of the Revolution, 1775-1783 - offsite
- The Barbour Collection of Vital Records
- The Ricker Compilation of Vital Records of Early Connecticut
Connecticut Genealogy By County
- Fairfield County Genealogy
- Hartford County Genealogy
- Litchfield County Genealogy
- Middlesex County Genealogy
- New Haven County Genealogy
- New London County Genealogy
- Tolland County Genealogy
- Windham County Genealogy
Genealogy Research in Connecticut
Connecticut State Library
231 Capitol Ave.
Hartford, CT 06106
Connecticut Historical Society
One Elizabeth Street at Asylum Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
Tel: (860) 236-5621
Fax: (860) 236-2664
Genealogical Research Services
”Our Library volunteers program provides research service for genealogists seeking assistance in tracing their Connecticut ancestors. Volunteers will search CHS Library sources for specific individuals."
If you know of a Connecticut Genealogy link that should be added to this list, please Contact us