Bristol, Vermont Land Grants
Try our genealogy search engine
The Town of Bristol, Vermont land grants copied from the New Hampshire Land Grants being transcripts of the Charters of Townships and minor grants of lands made by the Provincial Goverment of New Hampshire, within the present boundaries of the State of Vermont, from 1749 to 1764.
The Town of Bristol was originally named Pocock.
*The Names of the Grantees of Pocock (Viz) *2-375 Saml Averill Zebn Seaman Francis Nash Albort Baker John Hallock Robt Croocker Stephn Field Benja Clapp Elnathan Hall Josh Cornwell Theolis Apthony James Parsons James Bowne James Fairlee, Junr Willm Field Wynant, Vanzandt John Burling Edwd Burling, Junr John Parish Edwd Laurence Hon: Josh Newmarch, Esq. Saml Hungerford Saml Willis Josh Burr Uriah Field Josh Sherwood John Cornell John Tripp Elias Palmer Seth Hall Richd Titus John Lawrence James Fairlee Nichs Anthony Robt Fairlee Francis Field Josh Laurence Richardoon Cornwell Henry Bogert Townsd Parish Caleb Hyatt James Nevin, Esq. Capt Geo: Frost James Tripp Saml Lyon Josha Hutchings Edmond Brown Willm Croocker Silas Mead Daniel Tooker John Clapp John Keese Saml Willets Josh Underhill Saml Franklin Willm Kenedy Thos Franklin, Junr Willm Field, Junr Josh Parsall Henry Hedar Daniel Parish John Franklin Zebn Seaman Willm Temple, Esq.
His Excellency Benning Wentworth, Esq. a Tract of Land to Contain Five Hundred Acres as marked B-W- in the plan, which is to be Accounted two of the within shares, one whole Share for the Incorporated Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts, one Share for a Glebe for the Church of England as by Law Established, one Share for the first settled Minister of the Gospel, & one Share for the benefit of a school in sd Town.
Province of New Hampr June 26, 1762
Recorded from the Back of the Original Charter under the Province Seal
T. Atkinson Junr Secry