Addison, Vermont Land Grants
Try our genealogy search engine
The Town of Addison, Vermont land grants copied from the New Hampshire Land Grants being transcripts of the Charters of Townships and minor grants of lands made by the Provincial Goverment of New Hampshire, within the present boundaries of the State of Vermont, from 1749 to 1764.
The Names of the Grantees of Addison (Viz)
Simon Ely John M'Curdy Ezra Selden Silvanus Tinker Lemuel Bushnell Isaac Clark William Bebe 2d Hobard Spencer George Harris Eben Spencer Willm Booge Mattw Sears Saml Gates John M'Call Saml Church Benadam Gallop Nathl Fisk Stepn Nott Danl Cone Danl Warner, Esq. Geo: Jaffery, Esq. Joseph Spencer John Olmsted Christor Holmes James Olmsted Nathl Jones Samuel Olmsted Jonah Cone James Booge Ebenr Eams Jared Spencer Richard Andrews James Gates Will Steward Nathl Sparoow Josiah Cotton Jonas Betton Stephen Clerk John Kirtland Tho Fuller 2d The: Atkinson Junr Esq. Revd Josiah Cotton & Ja
sStoodley Richard Mather Saml Selden John Holmes Edward Bull John Beckwith Ichad Olmsted Joseph Cone Aaron Cleaveland Isaac Spencer Benja Allcott Mattw Smith Bezaleel Gates James Steward Green Hungerford James Sparrow Dudley Woodbridge Danl Williams Gideon Waters Richard Wibird, Esq. Clement March, Esq. Josh Blanchard, Esq.
His Excellency Benning Wentworth Esq a Tract of Land to contain Five Hundred Acres as Marked B-W- in the Plan which is to be Accounted two of the within Shares. One Whole Share for the Incorporated Society for the Propagation of the Gospelo in Foreign Parts. One Share for a Glebe for the Church of England as by Law Established one Share for the First Settled Minister of the Gospel & One Share for the benefit of a School in said Town--
Province of New Hampshire October 14, 1761
Recorded from the Backi of the Original Charter of Addison under the Province Seal.
Attested Theodore Atkinson Secry