Marriages Solemnized By Rev. John Wickes
Congregational Church and Society
Town of New Canaan
Columbia County, New York
Try our genealogy search engine
A record of marriages solemnized by Rev. John Wickes of the Congregational Church and Society of New Canaan, Columbia County, New York.
- PYNCHON, Francis R., of Chesterfield, Mass., to Almira E. BATES, of Goshen, Mass., aged 25 and 26 on the Sept. 26th, 1848.
- RICHARDS, James M., age 29 of New Hartford, Conn., to Ellis. R. RICHARDS, age 21 of the same place, on 27th Sept. 1848.
- POMEROY, Philetus W., age 28 of South Hampton, Mass., to Mary E. CLARK, of Westfield, Mass., age 19 on Oct. 4th, 1848.
- PULTZ, David G., of Stockport, N. Y., to Cynthia B. MESSENGER, of Washington, Mass., on Dec. 11th, 1848.
- WAMKE, George, of Hanover, Ger., age 35 to Hannah BAMACH, of Bavano, Ger., age 21, Mar. 11, 1849 at Sandlake.
- CORNWELL, A. D., of Canaan, age 23 to Clarissa W. HAMILTON, of same place, age 19, Apr. 18, 1849.
- SAXBY, William L., of Chester Factories, age 23 to Euphema HARVEY of Chicopee Falls, age 22, May 12, 1849.
- FAHNESTOCK, James P., of Gettysburgh, Penn., age --, to Sarah G. LORD of Canaan, May 22, 1849.
- BEAN, George H., of Troy, age 21 to Sarah Ann PALMETER, of Richmond, Mass., age 20, forgot the date John Wickes.
- BANGAR, Jacob A., of Dalton, Mass., age 30 to Mary Jane TANNER, of Lee, Mass., Sept. 30, 1849.
- JACOBS, Joseph, of Blanford, Mass., age 21, to Caroline KEEP, of Granville, Conn., age 19, Jan. 1, 1850.
- GRIFFIN, Martin, of Suffield, Conn., age 32, to Lorinda VIETS, of Granby, Conn., age 28, Jan. 4, 1850.
- HAIGHT, John Thomas, of Wolcottville, Conn., age 26 to Adeline HINES, of same place, age 17, Jan. 30, 1850.
- WITHAM, John, of Chester, Mass., age 40, to Ann LAW, of same place, Feb. 8, 1850.
- CLARK, Daniel Harvey, of West Stockbridge, Mass., age ** to Dorothy W. INGRAHAM, of Pittsfield, age 18, on Mar. 5, 1850.
- LINDSAY, Samuel J., of Chester Village, Mass., age 49 to Mary A. GRIFFIN, of same place, age 31, Apr. 3, 1850.
- BOURN, Silas P., of Chatham 4 Cor. age 27 to Betsey A. WILLIAMS, of Richmond, age 20, Apr. 4, 1850.
- GIFFORD, B. B., of South Lee, Mass., age 23 to Margaret Elis. LASHER, of same place, age 19, Apr. 20, 1850.
- LASCAR, John, of Lebanon to Ann WAIT, of same place, May 29, 1850.
- WICKS, W. W. to R. J. HUTCHINSON, June 6, (1850)* at New York.
- WINSLOW, Charles S., Cortland Co., age 24 to Elis. Wi******* of Elmira, age 28, July 11, 1850.
- PITTS, John W., of Half Moon, age 21 to Lucy E. BRISTOL, of Canaan, age 20, Nov. 21, 1850.
- HALETT, Chester S., of Pittsfield, age 48 to Mary H. HARRISON, of same place, age 38, Nov. 26, 1850.
- BRISTOL, Wm. H., of Canaan to Harriet E. WILLIAMS (of the same)* place, Feb. 20, 1851.
- BARKER, John, of Lanesboro, Mass., age 27 to Margaret Ann HUNT of Nassau, age 22, Mar. 6, 1851.
- MC NEILL, Hiram, of Sheffield, Mass., age 29 to Harriet SCOTT, of Gt. Barrington, age 21, May 21, 1851.
- BECKWITH, James H., of Gt. Barrington, age 23 to Cornel(ius?) E. CASWELL, of same place, age 25 yrs., May 21, 1851.
- CAREY, Julian B., of Washington, Mass., age 29 to Jane BRUNSON, of Russel, Mass., age 16, Feb. 19th or 20th 185-.
NOTE: The above page comprise what is at present the last leaf in the original record. The leaf has been detached for many years and the edges are damaged; several names are partly destroyed, as indicated by the asterisks.