New Jersey Colonial and State Census
Transcription Projects: New Horizons Genealogy is in the process of starting several transcription projects. If you are an independent transcriber looking for a place to publish your work, or have a website with your work already published and would like to exchange links with us, email us with your link and short description or file of your transcribed data and we will publish it where we feel most appropriate.
Our Mission: To bring these groups of records together in one place making them more accessible to the researcher. By having a very nice, as complete as possible listing of records already been transcribed, will hopefully avoid unnecessary duplication of transcriptions and thus allowing for more records to be transcribed and published for researchers to use.
Note: Your work and copy write will always remain yours and we will always give you full credit for it. We will never copy your work, just add a link to it, unless you ask us to publish it on our site for you.
View Transcribed Census Records:
Adopt a project:
If you would like to adopt a project to transcribe please email us and we will put your name and email address next to the project you would like to transcribe.
- Inventory of Existing Colonial, Territorial and State Census Records
- Questions asked on the New Jersey State Census Records
View Our Other Transcription Projects:
- Connecticut State Census
- Iowa State Census
- Illinois State Census
- Indiana State Census
- Massachusetts State Census
- Michigan State Census
- Michigan Census Mortality Schedules
- Nebraska State Census
- New Jersey State Census
- New York State Census
- New York State Census Vital Records
- North Dakota State Census
- Rhode Island State Census
- South Dakota State Census
- Virginia State Census
- Wisconsin State Census
Books of Interest:
- State Census Records, by Ann S. Lainhart
- Map Guide to the U.S. State Censuses, by William Thorndale and William Dollarhide