Sussex County New Jersey Genealogy and History
Sussex County was formed in 1753 from Morris County.
County Seat: Morris
Try our genealogy search engine
Search Free Sussex County, New Jersey Genealogy and Family History Records Online including census, cemetery, vital, military and other genealogical and historical records that can be used for your family history research.
Sussex County, New Jersey genealogy and family history page is a place where you can come in and research your genealogy and family history. We also do our best to provide a history of the area, to provide you with an overview of the time in which your ancestors lived.
We regret that we are unable to do personal research for you. All genealogical and family history records we come across are being added to this website. Please keep checking back.
Sussex County Genealogy Records
|Biographies||Birth Records||Cemetery Records||Census Records|
|Church Records||Cities & Towns||County Records||Death Records|
|Family Bibles||History Topics||Marriage Records||Military Records|
|Miscellaneous Data||Newspaper Data||Obituaries||School Records|
Genealogy Research in Sussex County, New Jersey
Sussex County Clerk
Hall of Records
Cochran House Building
83 Spring St., Suite 304
Newton, NJ 07860
Sussex County borders the following counties:
- Orange County, New York – to the northeast (along the boundary line between New York and New Jersey).
- Passaic County, New Jersey – to the east
- Morris County, New Jersey – to the east and south
- Warren County, New Jersey – to the southwest
- Monroe County, Pennsylvania – to the west (for a few hundred yards at the county's westernmost tip, Walpack Bend in the Delaware River)
- Pike County, Pennsylvania – to the northwest (along the Delaware River)
If you know of a Sussex County Genealogy link that should be added to this list, please Contact us