Stark Family Burying Ground
Town of Flanders
Try our genealogy search engine
Stark Family Burying Ground is located in a thicket a short distance west of the hotel, and on the south side of the road leading to Bartley in the Town of Flanders or Mt. Olive, Morris County, New Jersey, originally a part of the Township of Roxbury. Only one of the stones is standing, and most of them have undoubtedly been removed from their original setting. Fragments of at least one other stone were found, and a number of graves are marked with field stones. The plot is not fenced.
The asterisk (*) indicates that no stone was found for the individual so designated, his name and relationship appearing on the stone of a member of his family.
Stark Family Burying Ground Burials
- READ, Augustine*.
- READ, Sarah, widow of Augustine, died July 10, 1809, age 71 yrs.
- REID, Samuel*.
- REID, Phebe*, wife of Samuel.
- REID, Charles, son of Samuel and Phebe, died Mar. 20, 1845, age 39 yrs. 8 days.
- STARK, Capt. Aaron, died Jan. 21, 1772, age 64 yrs.
- STARK, Aaron*.
- STARK, Elizabeth*, wife of Aaron, died Mar. 22, 1796, age 6 yrs. 11 mos. 6 days.
- STARK, Amos, died Nov. 10, 1832, age 83 yrs.
- STARK, Polly, wife of Amos, died Dec. 23, 1810, age 61 yrs.
- STARK, John, 3d, died Nov. 5, 1844, age 73 yrs. 6 mos. 28 days.