New Horizons Genealogy

"Specializing in New England and New York Colonial American Ancestry"

Larison's Corner Cemetery
Town of East Amwell
Hunterdon County
New Jersey

Try our genealogy search engine

Larison's Corner Cemetery is the property of the "Amwell United First Presbyterian Church." It is located on the Old York Road, a half mile east of the village of Ringoes, in the Town of East Amwell, Huntingdon County, New Jersey. Originally it was a German Reformed Church, with services in German. The first house is believed to have been built of logs. The second, spoken of as "The Old Stone House," stood on the north side of the present graveyard. The deed for the property is dated Jan. 21, 1749, from James Whittaker to William Kase, Peter Hoffman and William Bellowsfelt. "Trustees to and for the Calvinistical High Dutch Congregation, in the Township of Amwell." The last German pastor was Rev. John Jacob Wack, whose length of service is not definitely known, but approximately 1798-1805, perhaps later. He was the first pastor to conduct services in English. In 1810 this congregation united with the "Amwell First Presbyterian," (now at Reaville), and so continued until 1818, when the union was dissolved, and the present building erected, but this church retained the title of "Amwell United First." Here in 1816 the Hunterdon County Bible Society was organized, and here its centennial anniversary was also observed. As four years have elapsed since the inscriptions were copied, the list was checked in October 1922, and stones erected since were added. A few stones copied in 1918 were not to be found in 1922, but are included here.

Larison's Corner Cemetery Burials